In the midst of the rush of Christmas, take time for fun. This is a time of celebration but we can get so busy attending parties and dinners and preparing for our own events that in the midst of all this work we fail to enjoy anything. HAVE FUN!!!
Therefore I am going to offer a bit of fun. I am going to list some “canticles from a divine natal celebration” (Christmas Carols). As the title indicted the names will be obscured through the use of stilted synonyms for the familiar names. Try to figure them out.
1. Weather: Cloudless. Arrival Time: 2400 hours
2. Initial Christmas
3. Query regarding identity of descendant
4. Move hitherward the entire assembly of those who are loyal in their belief
5. Listen, celestial messengers produce harmonious sounds
6. Nocturnal time span of unbroken quietness
7. An emotion excited by the acquisition of expectation of good given to the terrestrial sphere
8. Small municipality in Judea southeast of Jerusalem
9. Diminutive masculine master of the skin-covered percussionist cylinders
10. Omnipotent Supreme Being who elicits respite to ecstatic distinguished males
11. In awe of the nocturnal time span characterized by religiosity
12. In a distant location the existence of an improvised unit of newborn children’s slumber furniture
These are all songs that will probably be sung through the month of December and played on the radio and in the stores. These are all old songs that you will know by their proper titles. I will give you the real names, but they will be mixed up, just so you cannot inadvertently seek any edge in solving these names. The answers can be found on the calendar page.
This is the time we celebrate the birth of Jesus. It is a time of great joy, not of great busyness. The angels shared the news of “great joy for all people”. The shepherds sang praises to God in thanksgiving. They didn’t overload themselves with activities in the hope that they might actually truly celebrate this arrival. Gather with family and friends to have fun. Attend services and special events to explore ways of giving thanks for this great gift. Reach out to others and share joy and gladness, especially when they are struggling. It may not solve a problem, but it will help to lift their spirits.
1. Away in a manger
2. It came upon a midnight clear
3. O holy night
4. O come all ye faithful
5. God rest ye merry gentlemen
6. The first noel
7. Little drummer boy
8. What child is this
9. O little town of Bethlehem
10. Hark, the herald angels sing
11. Joy to the World
12. Silent night
I hope that you have a wonderful time sharing these with others. I pray that this season will be a blessing to all in your family and friends. Become the blessing others may seek. Now, Jovial Yuletide desired for the second person singular or plural by us ( We wish you a Merry Christmas and a God filled New Year.